General Purpose Unsaturated Polyester Resin
POLYCOL 03-001 is an orthophthalic-based, rigid-type unsaturated polyester resin with fast curing time, good mechanical properties, and tack-free finish. It is unwaxed, non-promoted, and highly viscous. It is suitable for the manufacture of industrial fibreglass-reinforced plastics and castings
Polycol 03-001 is recommended for use by hand lay-up or spray-up technique in the following:
- General industrial and fibreglass reinforced plastics
- Casting objects and FRP laminates such as fishing tanks, yachts, fish holds, water tanks, septic tanks, pipes, cooling towers, telephone booths, bus shelters, figurine castings, etc.
Features & Benefits
- High solids and viscosity
- Good mechanical properties
- Fibreglass-reinforced plastics made with this resin possess good rigidity and outstanding durability
- Fast and full cure enables early development of Barcol Hardness, thus increasing output
- Fast fibreglass wet-out
Polycol 03-001 Unsaturated Polyester Gelcoats are packed in steel drums containing 220 kilograms net weight.