A plant -based ester with viscosities lighter than or equal to mineral diesel fuel. As a low viscosity ester, it surpasses the many benefits of traditional synthetic base mud (SBM). It combines the environment-friendly feature of water-based mud (WBM) and the superb lubricity feature of diesel or oil - based mud (OBM) into one.
For all types of oil and geothermal drilling.
Features & Benefits
- Superb lubricity and therefore promotes faster drilling rate resulting in lower drilling cost.
- Excellent detergency to provide good borehole cleaning since it is emulsified with environ- ment friendly surfactant.
- Being 100% natural ester, it is totally non aromatic.
- Non-toxic on inhalation and does not cause skin irritation. Biodegradable with no toxicity to marine organisms.
- For off-shore drilling, the high cost of “ship to shore” transport of spent-mud and cuttings for inland disposal is eliminated. (The spent-ester-mud and cuttings can be safely discharged into the sea bed without toxic effect on marine species.)
Available in: 200L drum and bulk.